Saturday, April 04, 2009

Gettin Old with My 300C

Here's something to think about


 I recently picked a new mechanic.  After a visit with exhaustive computer tests, he said my Chrysler 300c was doing 'fairly well' for it's age. (It was a 2005 with many ,many miles.)   
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think it will be good for a few more years?' After all I'm not getting any younger myself.

 He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?' 

 'Oh no,' I replied.  'I'm not doing drugs, either!' 

 Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs? 

 I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!' 

 'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, washing the 300C or bicycling ?' 

 No, I don't,' I said. 

 He asked, 'Do you drive the Chrysler real fast, gamble, read or have a lot of sex?' 

 'No,' I said. 

He looked at me and said,...  'Then, why do you even give a shit?

Tags:

No comments: